How to Apply
Applications for the 2021-22 cohort are now closed. The deadline to apply was March 30, 2021. Please note that applications for the 2022-23 cohort will reopen during the Spring 2022 semester. Please see below for additional information regarding application requirements.
- Students must plan to be registered UT undergraduate students in residence at UT during the fall and spring semesters of the 2021-2022 academic year. Because this program provides the foundation for a potentially multi-year mentorship, preference will be given to students entering their sophomore or junior years.
- Students should have a GPA of at least 3.50.
- Students must be able to complete all activities required during the 2021-2022 scholarship period, including the Fall 2021 course, Spring 2022 activities, and regular attendance at Strauss Center public events.
Applications should include:
- A detailed cover letter that explains your academic and professional interests and why you are interested in participating in the intellectual life of the Strauss Center. The Strauss Center is an interdisciplinary center devoted to policy-relevant research on issues related to national and international security, law, and diplomacy. The Strauss Center's research focuses on factors contributing to the destabilization of nation-states, diplomatic and military history and strategy, new approaches to diplomacy, intelligence and surveillance, the impact of science and technology on national security, evolving legal architectures to account for new threats in the 21st century, climate security and complex emergencies, and international development and security.
- Resume with your complete contact information, including email address and phone number.
- Names and contact information of two references. One of these references should be a faculty member who can speak to your academic abilities and potential.
- One unofficial college transcript.
We will select a shortlist of finalists for interviews prior to making the final awards.
Please contact Lindsay Stanek at [email protected] if you have any questions.